Cuan Phádraig, our Community Home and Headquarters, consists of a two-storey building with two inter-connected wings, St. Patrick’s and St. Brigid’s, under one roof. The ground floor has wheelchair access. There are no lifts. Each wing has its own entry and exits to the outside and complies with all the relevant Health and Safety, and Fire Regulations. Our Main Chapel and Sacristy are on the ground floor of St. Patrick’s Wing and our Oratory for private prayer is on the first floor in St. Patrick’s Wing.
Overnight Accommodation for Guests
- There is residential accommodation for up to about 30 guests with some sharing twin bedrooms.
- Upstairs: 20 Rooms (Single, twin, and 1 Double en-suite)
- Downstairs: 4 Rooms (1 is Double en-suite suitable for a person with disabilities)
- Apart from the 2 rooms mentioned the others are not en-suite but there are modern showers and toilets on the corridors adjacent to the rooms.
- Sheets, towels, duvets and pillowcases are provided.
We have one large Conference Room equipped for electronic and media presentations and a good selection of other smaller meeting rooms which can be used singly or in combination to suit the size of the booking group and its needs. Our aim is to be very flexible and adaptable.
Catering and Dining
There are two fully industrial kitchens on the ground floor, the larger one in St. Patrick’s Wing, and the more compact one in St. Brigid’s Wing. Although food can be served from the St. Brigid’s kitchen for smaller self-contained groups, most guests and groups will dine with members of Ceilí Community in the main dining area in St. Patrick’s wing. There is a small kitchen on the first floor of St. Patrick’s Wing for tea, coffee and light snacks. Tea and coffee are available at all times.
Note: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, with advance notice.